Tag Archive for: San Bernardino

Calming the Flow

California’s East Valley Water District began evaluating the existence and severity of pressure transients as a way to actively manage its water distribution system to reduce line breaks.

Recharge Totals Get Boost from March Rains, With More to Come

Last month’s storms brought nearly 4.5 inches of rain to the San Bernardino region — about 57 percent above normal for March — helping to reverse the season’s plummeting precipitation totals to about 86 percent of normal for this time of year, the San Bernardino Valley Water Conservation District has announced.

Imported Water Helps the Valley Endure Another Year of Drought

Thanks in part to a wet December that brought heavy snow to the Sierras, 2020 is off to a good start with reservoir storage levels at or above historic averages throughout most of the state – good news for San Bernardino Valley residents. Even though water districts and cities throughout the San Bernardino Valley rely on local rainfall and mountain runoff for about 70 percent of their water supply, local supplies are not enough. The region relies on Sierra snowmelt from Northern California to meet the remaining 30 percent.

New Leader Selected at the San Bernardino Valley Municipal Water District

San Bernardino Valley Municipal Water District did not have to look far to find its new General Manager. At its Board Meeting on Tuesday, December 17, 2019, after a statewide search for the best candidate to lead the regional water resource agency, Valley District’s Board of Directors announced the selection of Heather Dyer as its new General Manager.

Rancho Cucamonga-Based Water District Reports Data Breach

Unauthorized access of a server used to process payments for a San Bernardino County water utility may have exposed some customers’ billing information to theft, authorities disclosed last week.

Central Square, an outside vendor for the Cucamonga Valley Water District, reported that a server handling one-time credit card transactions for the utility had been breached between Aug. 26 and Oct. 14, CVWD officials said Dec. 4 in a post on the utility website.